Long ago romantic symbols of St. Valentine’s used to be hidden in cakes sometimes. Each guest got a piece of cake and if he was lucky there was an emblem in it. The emblem was a symbol of his luck. Sometimes the symbols were put into presents instead of parcels. Rice symbolized wedding. Ring symbolized wedding or engagement. Coin meant a rich marriage. Sometimes fellows used to get a red glove. "To get a red glove" meant a girl liked him.
Heart – once upon a time people used to believe that such feelings as love, luck, anger or fear were hidden inside one’s heart; later they supposed that only love took its place in people’s hearts. Thus heart nowadays is a symbol of love and St. Valentine’s Day.
Red Rose – is a favorite flower of Venus, a goddess of love. Red is a color of strong feelings. That’s why red rose is considered to be a flower of love.
Lace – a hundred years ago women used to carry lace handkerchiefs. If a woman dropped her handkerchief the man near her had to pick it up. Sometimes women used to let their handkerchiefs fall advisedly to get familiar with the man she liked. Soon lace got association with love roman. That’s why nowadays they use casing-paper in the form of lace to pack presents for St, Valentine’s.
Gloves – long ago when a man wanted to marry a woman he asked for her hand. Hand became a symbol of love and marriage, so did gloves.
Rings – in most countries people exchange rings while marriage or engagement. Two or three hundred years ago it was popular to get engaged on St. Valentine’s.
Love birds and doves – colorful parrots living in Africa. Most of them have red beaks. They are called love birds cause when they make couples they sit very close to each other. Doves are considered to be favorite birds of Venus. They never change their partners during the whole life and they take care of their babies together. These birds symbolize love, faith and St. Valentine’s Day.
Cupid is a son of Venus, goddess of love. He can make a person fall in love with his magic arrows.
Nowadays we have more symbolic presents dedicated to this day, particularly teddy bears, Valentine’s cards in the form of hearts, chocolate, sweets, perfume, jewelry heart shaped and all the rest that can be associated with love and romance. To make a good present to your beloved find out what he or she loves most and associates with this holiday. If your relations have just got started you can preset something from those mentioned above and your beloved will be delighted.
Love and be loved.
10 ways to control your anger - Professional expert’s advice
I am really emotional and excitable person. I think that there are two types of anger: constructive anger and a destructive one. In order to understand the anger phenomenon I decided to investigate the nature of anger, reasons of its appearing, key factors and anger management.
What does it mean this anger? Anger is a strong indignation feeling of our emotional sphere that is attended by self-control losing. Anger is a signal of our state. Glands produce an array of hormones that have a great and deep effect on all our body. The main participants of this process are adrenaline and cortisol. They activate cardiovascular system and consequently all organs. Adrenalin causes fast heart beating, rising blood pressure. These rich oxygenated blood streams to the places are responsible for reaction. Thus some extra energy is released.
There are 4 basic ways of anger expressions:
1. Straight and immediately (verbally or nonverbally) to show your anger. It gives an opportunity to free from the negative emotions.
2. To express anger in an indirect way. In this case usually suffer persons that are weaker, not dangerous and those ones who “come to hand”, usually they are our family and close relatives. Thus we hurt our dear ones. One of the best ways is to express your anger to the person who is the source of this very anger. If it is impossible- better find some compromise.
3. Restraining anger you “drive” it deep inside. So, negative emotions store will provoke a big stress sooner or later.
4. You may foresee situation of anger feeling, try not to expand this feeling but get to know the reason, understand and solve it. A Roman philosopher Seneca said: “When you are feeling of ascending “volcano”- stand still, not doing anything- not speaking, not moving.”
Anger is a normal and natural human feeling, especially nowadays as life is really fast and we have a huge amount of information to accumulate (in comparison with our previous generations). The range of anger is rather wide: from a slight annoyance to impetuous fury. Anger can be quick and long, lasting for years in form of bitterness, vengeance or hate. Anger can lead to health issues like depression, high blood pressure, hearth diseases, stresses, alcohol dependence and obesity. If you are anger- express it. If you feel discomfort from these “negative splashes”- then we can give some techniques how to manage your emotional anger:
- 1. Take a deep and continuous breath. Count up to 50 or imagine your aggressor just naked, only in socks. This will help you to calm and smile.
- 2. Have a walk. Look at high sky. Continue to breathe deep and easily. So you appraise the situation and calm down.
- 3. Do some physical exercises. When you are angry- your body is very tensed and tough. If you stretch your muscles it will relax your body, as you will spill out all your negative energy into action. Your brains will get more oxygen and it assists to clear your thoughts.
- 4. Write down all your thoughts. Write down that you are mad and why. Avoid being rational, logical or laconic. Write on paper all you are feeling this moment. Try to write all in details. The function of this technique is to shift all your anger out of your head on paper.
- 5. Be grateful. Find someone to thank. Do you not forget about yourself. Thank that you have woken up today, thank that that the Sun is shining for you, that the sky is blue and the grass is green.
- 6. Prayer. Ask God to be with you during this anger moment and lead you.
- 7. Meditation. Close your eyes, look into solar plexus, and be all your anger, breathing deeply.
- 8. Change of places. Move yourself on your enemy’s place. And look at situation from his point of view. Better look at the situation from the ceiling. Focus on details, especially on funny and absurd ones. Strive to forgive your enemy as well as forgive truly yourself.
- 9. Go back to your childhood memories. Recollect state when you were angry. Hug this child and say: “All is ok. I am here. You are good child. I love you and I will not leave you.”
- 10. Your values. What is the most significant thing in your life? Who are the most important people in your life? What kind of person do you want to be? Think and accept that point that you are living your life, and you are living your values. There is a good man inside you that wants to help you. I wish you good luck!
I am really emotional and excitable person. I think that there are two types of anger: constructive anger and a destructive one. In order t...
Above the mountain is the dome of the sky. This is symbolized by the umbrella, whose important function is to cast a shadow, the shadow of p...
Reality exists beyond you, as long as you believe it. Due to Transurfing you are able to control reality. I do not know what you wer...
Tibet has always been overshadowed by other neighbouring nations. Thus, nothing much about its culture is known. Here is a brief history a...
Abundance exists all around you; leaves on the trees, blades of grass in the fields, insects, birds, air, earth, water in the ocean, cells...
Theravada Buddhism had described two Truths; Absolute Truth (Paramatha Sathya) and Conventional Truth (Sammuti Sathya). Nagarjuna Thera of t...
The endless knot is a closed, graphic ornament composed of right-angled, intertwined lines. It is conjectured that it may have evolved from ...
If you are having problems dealing with social stress, you are not by yourself because it is not unique to any one person. However, plent...
The pain-body is a parasitical entity that feeds on emotional suffering such as anxiety, stress, and depression. It attaches itself to yo...
We have written about the good - now it's time to address Satan, the great deceiver. All over the world that force of evil is acknowledg...