Only the boldest—and most reckless—among tea drinkers have tried it. To drink it, one must possess a certain amount of confidence and savoir faire. No, it’s not some new metropolitan or socialite brew. It’s certifiably wild, rustic, and homespun—it’s the stuff from which Grimm’s Fairy Tales are made! What is it? Tisanes made from some exotic stuff that you probably never realized you could drink!
There are several ways to go about collecting your tea’s ingredients. You can find them in many places (although probably not at your grocery store, or any store, for that matter). To create the wildest of teas, you may want to take a walk in the park, in the forest, or around a campground. Sometimes you can even find your material peeking up between sidewalk cracks in the city. Summer is the season of exploration and discovering new teas. What kinds of flora should you gather for your cauldron? Consult this list of suggestions (and get a guide book with photographs for distinguishing physical traits):
Verveine, or Lemon Verbena: It is in full bloom in summer. The flowers are a yellow, milky color and are sometimes pink. It can get very large and puts forth a lot of flowers and leaves. I have used it in tea to harness a relaxing effect. It can be very calming on the stomach, but don’t drink too much of it! Use only a few petals or leaves.
Little Wild Rose: You may not think to eat flowers unless you’ve seen Monsoon Wedding. Even if you’re not a fan of Bollywood or Indian movies, flowers (especially wild roses) are delicious in salads and teas. It’s hard not to find them when you get a whiff of their intoxicating, though mild fragrance. If you don’t want your tea to be too acidic, boil for less than ten minutes. Drink it with Verveine, if you are interested in seeing how the two mesh.
Yarrow: Yarrow is easiest to find if you live in the Southwestern United States. It is a diaphoretic that helps with circulation (it has several other medicinal benefits too). To enjoy it, add two leaves to boiling water. Sweeten it with honey, if you like. Like Verveine, you should be careful to not use too much or drink it too frequently unless you live next door to a homeopathic doctor.
Calendula, or Marigolds: To make it, steep a few dried flowers in very hot water for less than six minutes. You can mix it with other flowers and herbs, or just drink it alone. It will help detoxify your body and improve your immune system.
10 ways to control your anger - Professional expert’s advice
I am really emotional and excitable person. I think that there are two types of anger: constructive anger and a destructive one. In order to understand the anger phenomenon I decided to investigate the nature of anger, reasons of its appearing, key factors and anger management.
What does it mean this anger? Anger is a strong indignation feeling of our emotional sphere that is attended by self-control losing. Anger is a signal of our state. Glands produce an array of hormones that have a great and deep effect on all our body. The main participants of this process are adrenaline and cortisol. They activate cardiovascular system and consequently all organs. Adrenalin causes fast heart beating, rising blood pressure. These rich oxygenated blood streams to the places are responsible for reaction. Thus some extra energy is released.
There are 4 basic ways of anger expressions:
1. Straight and immediately (verbally or nonverbally) to show your anger. It gives an opportunity to free from the negative emotions.
2. To express anger in an indirect way. In this case usually suffer persons that are weaker, not dangerous and those ones who “come to hand”, usually they are our family and close relatives. Thus we hurt our dear ones. One of the best ways is to express your anger to the person who is the source of this very anger. If it is impossible- better find some compromise.
3. Restraining anger you “drive” it deep inside. So, negative emotions store will provoke a big stress sooner or later.
4. You may foresee situation of anger feeling, try not to expand this feeling but get to know the reason, understand and solve it. A Roman philosopher Seneca said: “When you are feeling of ascending “volcano”- stand still, not doing anything- not speaking, not moving.”
Anger is a normal and natural human feeling, especially nowadays as life is really fast and we have a huge amount of information to accumulate (in comparison with our previous generations). The range of anger is rather wide: from a slight annoyance to impetuous fury. Anger can be quick and long, lasting for years in form of bitterness, vengeance or hate. Anger can lead to health issues like depression, high blood pressure, hearth diseases, stresses, alcohol dependence and obesity. If you are anger- express it. If you feel discomfort from these “negative splashes”- then we can give some techniques how to manage your emotional anger:
- 1. Take a deep and continuous breath. Count up to 50 or imagine your aggressor just naked, only in socks. This will help you to calm and smile.
- 2. Have a walk. Look at high sky. Continue to breathe deep and easily. So you appraise the situation and calm down.
- 3. Do some physical exercises. When you are angry- your body is very tensed and tough. If you stretch your muscles it will relax your body, as you will spill out all your negative energy into action. Your brains will get more oxygen and it assists to clear your thoughts.
- 4. Write down all your thoughts. Write down that you are mad and why. Avoid being rational, logical or laconic. Write on paper all you are feeling this moment. Try to write all in details. The function of this technique is to shift all your anger out of your head on paper.
- 5. Be grateful. Find someone to thank. Do you not forget about yourself. Thank that you have woken up today, thank that that the Sun is shining for you, that the sky is blue and the grass is green.
- 6. Prayer. Ask God to be with you during this anger moment and lead you.
- 7. Meditation. Close your eyes, look into solar plexus, and be all your anger, breathing deeply.
- 8. Change of places. Move yourself on your enemy’s place. And look at situation from his point of view. Better look at the situation from the ceiling. Focus on details, especially on funny and absurd ones. Strive to forgive your enemy as well as forgive truly yourself.
- 9. Go back to your childhood memories. Recollect state when you were angry. Hug this child and say: “All is ok. I am here. You are good child. I love you and I will not leave you.”
- 10. Your values. What is the most significant thing in your life? Who are the most important people in your life? What kind of person do you want to be? Think and accept that point that you are living your life, and you are living your values. There is a good man inside you that wants to help you. I wish you good luck!
I am really emotional and excitable person. I think that there are two types of anger: constructive anger and a destructive one. In order t...
Above the mountain is the dome of the sky. This is symbolized by the umbrella, whose important function is to cast a shadow, the shadow of p...
Reality exists beyond you, as long as you believe it. Due to Transurfing you are able to control reality. I do not know what you wer...
Tibet has always been overshadowed by other neighbouring nations. Thus, nothing much about its culture is known. Here is a brief history a...
Abundance exists all around you; leaves on the trees, blades of grass in the fields, insects, birds, air, earth, water in the ocean, cells...
Theravada Buddhism had described two Truths; Absolute Truth (Paramatha Sathya) and Conventional Truth (Sammuti Sathya). Nagarjuna Thera of t...
The endless knot is a closed, graphic ornament composed of right-angled, intertwined lines. It is conjectured that it may have evolved from ...
If you are having problems dealing with social stress, you are not by yourself because it is not unique to any one person. However, plent...
The pain-body is a parasitical entity that feeds on emotional suffering such as anxiety, stress, and depression. It attaches itself to yo...
We have written about the good - now it's time to address Satan, the great deceiver. All over the world that force of evil is acknowledg...